Michigan MIlitary Technical & Historical Society “Yankee Air Museum” presentation and book signing
The Willow run Bomber Plant opened in 1941 and produced over 8,600 B-24 Liverator bombers. In 1981 a group of aviation enthusiasts established the Yankee Air Museum about a mile away from the original bomber plant. The museum built a substantial collection of flyable & static aircraft and aviation artificats, many of which were destroyed in a 2004 fire.
The museum bought the last 144,000 square feet of the original bomber plant with a goal of renovating this facility into a state-of-the-art museum in the early 2020s.